I love Takoma Park. I have the experience and ability for the job, a passion for community service, an inspired vision for our wonderful small city, and a long list of accomplishments that confirm your confidence in me.
- I wrote the Young Activist Act of 2014 and co-authored the city’s groundbreaking Safe Grow Act and 2013 Voting Reforms that included 16 Year Old Voting.
- I advanced Takoma Junction revitalization from vision to a deal with a top-tier community developer.
- I brought food trucks to Takoma Junction and convinced the state to put in a new signalized crosswalk at Grant Avenue with work to start very soon.
- I designed and won Takoma Park funding for youth job training and life skills programs.
- I conceived the Lifelong Takoma program to support seniors and disabled neighbors.
- I won Sunday library hours and boosted library expansion.
- I built a coalition to convince the council, in 2007, to create a Takoma Park Living Wage.
- I helped bring millions in federal dollars to Takoma Park — for the Flower Avenue Green Street, Ethan Allen Gateway, sidewalks, a parking study, and more.
- I have protected our neighborhoods — from Takoma Metro sprawl development, from Montgomery College and Washington Adventist University overbuilding, from parking encroachments.
My family and I — my wife Franca and sons Raphael & Ezra — moved to Takoma Park in 1996. I’m completing my 2nd council term and currently serve on the boards of Shepherd’s Table and Lumina Studio Theatre. I co-chaired the Takoma Junction Task Force and was a leader of the Tax and Service Duplication Issues and 2004 City Manager Search Committee. I served 3 years on the Old Takoma Business Association board, 4 years as neighborhood association president, and volunteered at the Co-op, festivals, and in schools. I have strong Rockville and Annapolis relationships. And I have a passion to serve… and I ask your help.
Please help elect me Mayor of Takoma Park.