Montgomery County has been a wonderful home for me and my family and my business.
My wife, Franca Brilliant, and I are twenty-one year Montgomery County residents. Franca works for CASA de Maryland and my kids – Ezra is now off at college and Raphael works in Chicago in theater – attended Montgomery County public schools. I started a consulting business here in 1997, after having commuted for five years from Capitol Hill to work in downtown Silver Spring.
My brother Rob and family live in Potomac, my niece Lauren and family in North Potomac, my brother-in-law Myron and family in Bethesda, and my cousin Larry and family near Damascus! We’re proud to call Montgomery County home.
As an elected official, activist, and organizer, I have led efforts to create a better community, improve lives for everyone, advance environmentalism, and promote public safety and good government.
How? In recent years, as:
- Board vice chair at Shepherd’s Table, serving the homeless and needy in Silver Spring
- A member of the Montgomery County Board of Social Services
- An advisory board member of Real Food for Kids–Montgomery
- A founding advisor of the Village of Takoma Park
- A Tifereth Israel Congregation board member
- A Lumina Studio Theatre board member
- An Old Takoma Business Association board member
- An elected Takoma Park City Council member (2011-5)
- A member of the Washington regional Transportation Planning Board (2012-5)
- Co-chair of the Takoma Junction Task Force, co-recorder of the Tax and Services Duplication Issues Committee, and a member of two other civic committees
- A two-year core team member of the TPSS Community Kitchen
- Co-founder of nonprofit advocacy groups Sustainable Takoma and Safe Takoma
- President of the Old Town Residents’ Association
- Co-founder of the Takoma Park Mobilization
- An economic justice, immigrant, civil liberties, healthcare, environmental, transit, and biking advocate
- On the campaign trail, working for great candidates nationally and locally!
The unifying themes are my passion for public service and ability to deliver. Let’s talk! Send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.