Montgomery County has been a wonderful home for me and my family and my business.
My wife, Franca Brilliant, and I are twenty-one year Montgomery County residents. Franca works for CASA de Maryland and my kids – Ezra is now off at college and Raphael working in Chicago in theater – attended in Montgomery County public schools. I started a consulting business here in 1997, after having reverse-commuted for five years from Capitol Hill to work in downtown Silver Spring.
My brother Rob and family live in Potomac, my brother-in-law Myron and family in Bethesda, and my cousin Larry and family near Damascus! We’re proud to call Montgomery County home.
As an elected official, activist, and organizer, I have led efforts to create a better community, improve lives for everyone, advance environmentalism, and promote public safety and good government.
How? In recent years, as:
- Board vice chair at Shepherd’s Table, serving the homeless and needy Silver Spring
- A member of the Montgomery County Board of Social Services
- An advisory board member of Real Food for Kids–Montgomery
- A founding advisor of the Village of Takoma Park
- A Tifereth Israel Congregation board member
- A Lumina Studio Theatre board member
- An Old Takoma Business Association board member
- An elected Takoma Park City Council member (2011-5)
- A member of the Washington regional Transportation Planning Board (2012-5)
- Co-chair of the Takoma Junction Task Force, co-recorder of the Tax and Services Duplication Issues Committee, and a member of two other civic committees
- A two-year core team member of the TPSS Community Kitchen
- Co-founder of nonprofit advocacy groups Sustainable Takoma and Safe Takoma
- President of the Old Town Residents’ Association
- Co-founder of the Takoma Park Mobilization
- An economic justice, immigrant, civil liberties, healthcare, environmental, transit, and biking advocate
- On the campaign trail, working for great candidates nationally and locally!
The unifying themes here are passion for pubic service and ability to deliver. Let’s talk! Just send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.